Our Career Department's aim is to give students and parents links to information relating to a variety of vocations and pathways. With this in mind, we assist students with:
- Individual careers counselling and vocational assessments for all senior students
- Subject choice counselling for senior students to assist with career planning
- VTAC preference counselling for VCE students
- Change of Preference counselling and University transition for Year 12 students
- Liaison with VTAC, Universities and TAFEs.
- Access to a comprehensive Careers Resource Centre
- Weekly Career News newsletter
- Work Experience management and support
- Job Application training, and Interview Preparation.
- Vocational Education (VETiS) management for VCE students
The Careers Centre at Elwood College maintains a rich and extensive, up to date careers library which includes the very latest career and course information. Details on Tertiary Institution Open Days can be found here.
Students or their parents can make individual appointments by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or can drop in at the Careers Centre at recess, lunchtime or after school Monday to Wednesday.
Mrs. Gillian Bentley - B. Ed., Grad. Dip. Career Counselling
Phone: 03 9531 9566
Fax: 03 9525 6213