A revised Elwood College School Zone 2020 has been released

Our school zone is available on Findmyschool.vic.gov.au.  This site hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones for 2020 onwards.

Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.

The Department provides guidance through the School Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.

You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School Zones.  

For more information 

If you have a question about school zones call the VSBA Hotline on 1800 896 950 or email: vsba@edumail.vic.gov.au

Transition from Year 6 to Year 7 

  • Initially, Primary Schools are responsible for managing the Year 7 application process.

By the first week of Term 2, all Primary Schools should have distributed to the parents of Year 6 children information relating to secondary education and an ‘Application for Year 7 Placement’ form. On this application form, parents are asked to list up to three secondary school preferences. If you would like your child to attend Elwood College, it is important that you list us as your first preference.

Parents/Guardians should note the following:

  • The information (transition pack) that is distributed to parents of Year 6 children will outline all relevant dates relating to the Year 7 placement process.
  • Parents are not to contact the Secondary School about Year 7 placement until they have received information from the Primary School, according to DET guidelines.
  • Tours of the school will be conducted during Term 1. This provides ample time for parents to submit the ‘Application for Year 7 Placement‘ form to their primary school which is not due until midway through Term 2

Parents must be patient throughout the Grade 6 to Year 7 transition process. The whole process culminates in early August. This is when Primary Schools will notify parents in writing, with the Year 7 placement offer.

Enrolment Information - Years 8 - 11

Due to the exceptional growth of the College’s student population, we are often only able to enrol students who reside permanently within the College’s zone. The school endeavours to maintain the integrity of the school zone as a means of maintaining a productive learning environment for staff and students alike.

Families of students wishing to enter at Years 8 – 12, can apply directly to the school by obtaining and completing an Expression of Interest. This form along with supporting documentation should be returned to our College Registrar at the general office.

It should be noted that an application for enrolment does not guarantee enrolment.

Term 4 enrolments are encouraged to commence at the the beginning of the College’s 'Academic Progression' period in preparation for the following year.

To ensure the correct decision is made in relation to your son/daughter’s education, carefully note the following:

Where there is insufficient accommodation at a school for all students who seek entry, students must be enrolled in the following priority order:

  1. Students for whom the school is the designated neighbourhood school (ie: those residing within the Elwood College Zone).
  2. Students with a sibling at the same permanent address who are attending Elwood College at the same time.
  3. Where the regional director has restricted the enrolment, students who reside nearest to the school.
  4. All other students in order of closeness of their home to Elwood College.
  5. Students seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds.
  6. In exceptional circumstances, compassionate grounds.


Expression of Interest

To assist us in assessing your enquiry regarding enrolment at Elwood College, please complete the following questions. 

Completion of this form does not guarentee enrolment.

All information is strictly confidential.

A copy of your child's latest school report and latest gas or electiricty account in your name as proof of residence, must be attached for your enquiry to progress.


PLEASE NOTE Please do not complete this application if you child is transiitoning from Year 6 to Year 7.

Information and transition applications are distributed to year 6 parents by your primary school.  If you child attends a non-government school and they do not provide transition information, please email elwood.co@education.vic.gov.au 

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.