COVIDSafe measures have changed but all Victorian government schools are required to continue to implement important practices to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
- Free rapid antigen tests are available for all staff and students.
- If symptomatic, it is recommended that students and staff should use a rapid antigen test.
- Students or their parents should report a positive result to their school, either through the COVID test portal or by phone or written notification.
- Students who report a positive result are recommended to isolate for a minimum of 5 days and not attend school until their symptoms have resolved.
Physical Distancing and Face Masks
- Staff and students shall practise physical distancing 1.5m to the extent that is reasonably practicable.
- Staff and students who wish to wear face mask should be supported to do so, and schools should continue to make face masks available for staff, students and visitors. Current advice from the Victorian government is available at Face masks.
- The Department of Health recommends that masks should be worn by a person who has COVID-19 for at least 7 days after a positive test and close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 when leaving home.
- All staff, students and visitors to schools should practice good hand hygiene and stay home if unwell.
- Schools will consider infectious disease risks, including in relation to COVID-19, when conducting the standard risk assessment for non-classroom-based activities and extra-curricular activities..
Further information for languages other than English
- For school information in languages other than English, call TIS National on 131 450.
- Please ask them to call the DET COVID-19 hotline on 1800 338 663 and they will help interpret.
- For translated written information about COVID-19, please visit: Translated information about COVID-19 | Coronavirus Victoria.
- For health advice in languages other than English, visit www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/translated-information-about-coronavirus-covi...
General advice and support
For general advice and support please call the Department of Education and Training COVID-19 hotline on 1800 338 663. You can also contact the school: 9531 9566