Learning Enhancement provides individual support to ensure that all students are able to access the curriculum and thrive. We provide continuity throughout the sub schools and create a place for para professionals to support students.
Our students on the Program for Students with Disabilities and students with diverse needs are supported with expert teacher capacity, differentiated and modified curriculum, Teacher Aide Support in class and out, and the development of alternate and support/intervention programs.
Our inclusive community builds holistic and authentic opportunities for all students to shine. Our curriculum and classrooms are diverse and inclusive. Our School Values Respect, Integrity, Care and Compassion drive our communication and interactions as a community.
Learning Enhancement at Elwood provides:
- Planned Parent Support Group Meetings through Transition from grade 6 to Year 7
- Yearly long term goal setting
- Individual Education Plans
- Review of goals through in class observations and 1:1 Learning Meetings
- Termly Parent Support Group Meetings
- Targeted intervention – individual and small group
- Literacy / Numeracy
- Social skills
- Working on goals – Learning to make connections in learning
- Timetabled Teaching Aide support through small group and 1:1 session