WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
If your child is not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, they can continue to attend school, but you should monitor for symptoms.
Students who show symptoms of COVID-19 cannot attend school and should get tested immediately and isolate until they receive a negative result.
Students should continue with twice-a-week rapid antigen testing on school days.
Students who have recovered from COVID-19 do not need to participate in surveillance testing for 30 days after their isolation period has ended.
For information on symptoms visit: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/symptoms-and-risks.
For more information on how to get tested visit: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/taking-test-covid-19.
If your child returns a positive result, your child has COVID-19.
- You must quarantine your child for seven days
- You must advise the school about the positive result
- Your child must stay home until their symptoms have resolved and they are well
- Everyone in your household is a close contact and must isolate for 7 days.
Reporting your child’s positive test
If your child was at school when they were infectious you need to report the positive case through the Student COVID-19 Test Portal or you can notify the school in writing or by phone.
You must also report your child’s positive test to the Department of Health via the COVID-19 Positive Rapid Antigen Test Self-Reporting Form or call centre on 1800 675 398.
Further information for languages other than English
- For school information in languages other than English, call TIS National on 131 450.
- Please ask them to call the DET COVID-19 hotline on 1800 338 663 and they will help interpret.
- For translated written information about COVID-19, please visit: Translated information about COVID-19 | Coronavirus Victoria.
- For health advice in languages other than English, visit www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/translated-information-about-coronavirus-covid-19
Financial support available to people affected by COVID-19:
For more information, visit:
Financial and other support for COVID-19 | Coronavirus Victoria
If you need a payment during coronavirus (COVID-19) - Getting help during coronavirus (COVID-19) - Services Australia
General advice and support
For general advice and support please call the Department of Education and Training COVID-19 hotline on 1800 338 663.
You can also contact the school: 9531 9566
Advice and further resources about what to do if you test positive to COVID-19, or you have been told you are a contact, are at: Your COVID Checklist | Coronavirus Victoria, or call the 24/7 Coronavirus hotline on: 1800 675 398